No I wouldn't strip it either, if it was never touched.. It's just takes a "Leap of Faith" from photos supplied to a potential buyer on a 7K dagger, with no return, and no photos of the blade tang.
Now experts like Gailen, JR, and a couple of other guys don't need to break it down to see tang formation, billet clamp marks, markings etc. But, I know these guys and, I think I can safely say, that I don't think they will be scampering to buy this dagger. I may be wrong, that's just what I think. Wink
Now that leaves us with the rest of us "potentials" who might have to ability to buy this dagger since they don't have a partial, name only, Hammesfahr ground Rohm, in their collection. However if I was going to pay the "Big Ticket" on a Rohm anything, I would not consider it without Gailen's inspection and approval..But that's me. And I believe that most of the collectors besides the above few, would want JR, TW, or TW to check it out. I mean lets face it..7K is a lot of money!
I am not knocking your dagger. I'm just questioning your maketing and terms of sale. That's all.
Look I buy on eban too. So do most of the guys here. There always there, with me, in the "private auctions" being held by disgruntled
sellers of pulled listings. On the good stuff.
The're probably waiting for it to be pulled so they can be making offers of $2500 on it "just to help you out". This is the real world. The way your going about it is "fantasy".
Now, if Gailen or JR were brokering your dagger,
you would have a chance of selling it. And we would be looking at it in a different light.
Regards,
-wagner-