Books seem to be your friends for life. Only as you get older do you realize how important they are to what you are collecting. They are not the final answer until you are holding in your hand and have within your sight, a knife, blade, dagger or whatever it is you are into collecting, but they are a true reference point than the word of mouth from a stranger. You only have to be stung a few times until you will realize how important it would have been to research the item you are collecting. How great it is to compare your purchase with a history of it in a book you own. That feeling alone will make you go on to enlarge your collection. Do not despair if what you have bought turns out to be incorrect as it will evaporate in the time machine you have entered.

The books, pamphlets and folders etc. that you are about to follow are references I have used for the collecting of Hunting and Forestry Daggers (Hirsch angers) over the years since 1966. If you see a title you are interested in you can probably find the article by using your Webb pages on book references. Please check the German Dagger.com listings first. TheGDC Book Store. They help make these forums possible.

Books on all types of daggers are endless. If you have any books on Hunting Daggers that you see I do not have please let me know the titles or if they are for sale.

My Webb Page: http://www.cashi.com/collection.htm

books_002_1_4a.jpg (64.27 KB, 348 downloads)