Quantico - JohnPic and I have already said here that we both have a complete copy of Weissenbock's personnel file (Personalakte) and there was no record of him having received a DKiG or even an EK I or EK II or being posted to a combat unit after 1942. Since personnel files were often not updated after March or April 1945 a better authority for late war awards is the "diary" kept by the Heeres Personalamt that records submittals for these award recommendations and further action taken. I have asked a friend in Germany with access to a copy of that record book to check. The one exception is that approval to award the DKiG and Ehrenblattspange was delegated by the Heeres Personalamt on April 22, 1945 to commanders of Army Groups or separate armies. That authority was ended on May 12, 1945 according to the book in the DKiG by Horst Scheibert. Approval authority was never delegated to division or corps commanders.

As other people have surmised this is a nice original tunic that has been embellished with a DKiG and other questionable awards sometime after 1945.

John