quote:
Originally posted by Dave T.:
Dave Hohaus...Viktor7 asked "Original or Not?".Well since I have never seen a period photo of one in wear(I am not aware of anyone else who has either)I am not sure there are any photos of an actual example published(in print or electronically).Therefore it cannot reasonablly be compared with an original example.There arehowever numerous examples of the reproductions that this piece may be compared with.This example compares quite favorably with the reproductions.Here is a start SOLDAT.COM .There are many other sites and examples to be found on the net.Viktor7 shall have to take the initiative upon himself to go from there and arm himself with knowledge.In the meantime he asked for a cut and dry answer.I gave him one.....I dont always have time to sit here and compose a thesis.Could I be wrong?....Sure but I dont see anyone jumping in to correct me if I am.Unfortunetly...I dont see anyone offering help at all Confused

Photos with SOLDAT.COM, mismatch with mine Cloth badge. Wink Very rough work. Smile

JQI_sniper_4x.jpg (28.46 KB, 52 downloads)