quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hohaus:
This is pretty much happening already in the individual Forums. Guys are always asking for references about specific dealers. I answered a question just this morning about Matt Calderone.

Our Code of Conduct allows specific complaints about a dealer if you have an unresolved issue with that dealer. It has been used successfully to right wrongs and expose fraud.

The reason we ask that members try to resolve complaints first is that mistakes are made both by dealers and by customers and they should be settled between the two if at all possible. The fact that an item is sold does not make it real, but ..... on the other hand, an item that is returned is not necessarily a fake. I have seen what I thought were real items being returned because some folks here did not like them.

We ask that negative comments are tied to a specific item so that both sides know exactly where the problem lies.

What we do not allow is second hand shots such as "I hear this guy sells crap, what do you guys think?".

Dave

That's fine, but the initial suggestion was for a specific area to post these comments or questions.

Keep in mind however, that there are facets of the hobby that are black and white, for instance if something is broken? obviously its broken. If its repaired and shown to be repaired and accepted back from a dealer and then relisted, it is no longer a question of description, it is a question of ethics.

The rating system used by some of these dealers is at best horrific, I mean mint to me means mint, not put through a shredder. But then you have "Mint, Mint, Mint" the new rateing. So what is the difference between Mint and Mint Mint Mint?. I guess that would be Mint, Mint.

Now a mint is fine after dinner, but when an item is described as mint I expect it to be just that.

If I get a piece of glass that is described as Mint and its fractured in 4 places and broken in 2 others, has glue residue and has reglaze, chances are I am going to know, so to see it re-listed as mint or mint, mint, mint annoys me.

And I think they should be held accountable for it. As not only is it a dissapointment, there are costs involved and then to have a dealer get peeved over its return? Well that is just flat out unacceptable.

If you go buy a new car and it has a dent in the fender, your going to see it yes?. Imagine your dissapointment when you go to pick it up and find out that the salesman slammed it into a guardrail, what do you do?. Oh thats ok I park that side against the wall anyway?.

They have an obligation, it is not an inexpensive hobby and to carry on as some of them do is "FRAUD".

Best,

Kris