quote:
Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb:
I would say that if GDC had a forum where only positive reviews were allowed, it would keep the tendency to character assasinate at bay. I think that, otherwise, using the "search" function here will probably yield enough comments about a particular dealer and his wares to educate potential customers. Another thing to consider . . . not only dealers, but often, collectors, deserve praise or critique for their actions in the community.

Craig,

This type of system is in practice, and in most cases does not end up in character assassination. If someone has made a deal or looking for a reference then why not ask? we do it now, just all over the forum. Why not just have a section for it. There will always be objective opinion and no dealer can wear all hats right?.

To have a one sided "positive only" section would be silly, as everyone knows people make mistakes, and sometimes it comes down to an ethical question, and if ethics are in question? then a negative can result in a positive.

I would think that if most had issue with an item or practice they would pick up a phone rather than run to post, unless there is no resolution.

But when I see a bad piece misrepresented and have to ship the dam thing back, only to see it relisted as mint again? that is a poor standard of ethics. And a shot should be fired.

Best,

Kris