While I don�t disagree with the general intent of the above. I would be reluctant to adopt a philosophy that assumes that even better and better rings could not be manufactured. With the question being more of: How much in the way of time and resources does the maker want to invest to make a good copy?

I have a small collection of coins that I started when I was very, very, young which has gotten only a little bigger as I grew older. So I am not really a �coin collector� as a hobby. Pictured below is an example of some pre-computer/modern technology engraving work (that used stamping dies) done in the 1920�s - with comparable quality going back for a considerable period of time.

I recently read of considerable concern in the coin collecting community of some very high grade fakes that are causing a lot of turmoil. As I recall the source was Asia. But it really could be anywhere, and apparently is something that is not new to them that has been an ongoing problem. My point being that I don�t think we can say something will never happen. And that we will have to remain always on the alert. FP

Morgan_Duo_copy.jpg (93.61 KB, 552 downloads)