The political side of this hobby (obvious pandering) never ceases to amaze me. I like the history of the daggers but I think it is very wise to consider that most books like this are merely one man's opinion and never should be considered the definitive work.

Taken as a whole they allow one to form their own opinion and knowledge base. If Paul Hogle (LakesideTrader) wrote such a book, I think I would place more credence on it. He has no politics and loves the history of what he deals in.

Again, my own personal opinion having owned and studied hundreds of SA daggers (and still do). I consider Tom a friend and wish him well in this endeavor regardless. As I have often stated, the very best daggers are never advertised or seen by the general collecting community. They trade among the few who really have developed a strong trusting bond over years.
Tim Dauncy,(Loggy)is one example. I sold him one of my best SA's years ago as he made me an offer no one could refuse at that time. Bob Hunter (Sponge Bob) is another. I bought some of my very best SA's from him in a hotel room at the SOS probably 8-10 years ago. Only a very few, like Patrice for example, ever saw them besides me. Very rare and truly mint stuff.

Mark Cool