quote:
Originally posted by Erich:
Thank you for sharing this very special dagger with us. When Himmler wanted Maurice expelled from the SS due to him being a Jew, Hitler said, "I will decide who is a Jew!"

I actually believe that statement has been attributed to Goring with regards to Erhard Milch Jewish blood. He was a "mischling" of at least 50% Jewish blood, possibly up to 75%..nobody knows exactly as alot of the records are non-existent...and naturally, Milch didn't want to recognize his Jewish lineage as it wouldn't have been very good for career advancement in the air force.

Maurice too was a Mischling, but I belive his blood content was alot lower. If i'm not mistaken, Emil was a Roman Catholic, with French famiy roots. I believe Emil's blood was about 12.5% Jewish. I'm not sure if he was even aware of any Jews in his family lineage. He's a fascinating character from the early days of NS party, spending much time in Bavaria.

"Note to self- do not have an affair with the fuhrer's neice especially when the boss has feelings for her as well" Big Grin

German Sabers