Hello Wotan,

Thank you for your response, and kind comments. Please be assured that I take your view concerning the restraining of certain information as a perfectly legitimate point of view, and in no way a criticism of me. I, and many others, just happen to hold a different perception concerning information, but it doesn�t mean that we are in opposition to any other view. I believe that we all want to help the collector as much as possible.

Yes, you are correct about the new generations of production reproductions. There are some extremely impressive pieces being produced, and clearly they are the result of high investment, and professional workmanship. Some of the notable concerns in Solingen are producing �parts� to order � to them it is just business. If the customer is prepared to place the right size of order, then they will produce it. What the customer does to assemble and finish the parts off doesn�t really concern the original manufacturer of the parts. The finished quality of the final product is starting to become really challenging.

To return to the original theme of this thread � the FHH � I am submitting an attachment showing a particularly notable Feldherrnhalle dagger; this being the one presented to SA Stabchef Viktor Lutze, December, 1937. This photograph was taken in about 1968, when the dagger was in the possession of the late Eric Campion. He also had a number of other Lutze-related artefacts, which we assembled around the dagger to make a display for photographing. I hope that the readers of this thread may enjoy viewing this image from the past.

Frederick J. Stephens

LUTZE_re-sized.jpg (37.33 KB, 686 downloads)