Good question Joe,

The points of aim are known and it doesn't hurt to ask to be sure. It does make it fun and challenging because you better have excellent eye sight lol.

I remember firing at German military targets using all types of weapons. With the MG maching gun I fired at a large target showing a town with three, three ringed targets set at different places in the town on this target. These rings were not easy to see, you have to have great eyesight. You are given so many rounds and that's it and you had to have so many of those rounds hit inside the middle ring on all three targets and each round had to count. I had to literally push the gun forward to keep it stable. I fired short bursts into each of the three ring targets and qualified expert. Also qualified expert on all the German weapons I fired. I was the only one that did and there was a lot of shooters. I was lucky. Due to that I qualified for the German Schutzenschnur in gold and it was presented to me in a German formation by I was told a German General. I really don't know if true or not. But it sure was cool lol. Best!