Here are 3 photos I took today of my Schutzenscheibe. Note that this example is the least expensive cardboard target. I tried to get a photo of the numbers & names written in pencil on the back of the target. Note that there are 13 names written on the back of the target and 13 holes in the target with 1 hole on the outside edge.

I have not seen another all-cardboard target from the WW2 period, except for one mounted on a large square piece of wood with German writing on the bottom of the wood from 1943.

I think you must see the back of a target and compare to other similar targets. If the seller does not show the back, the buyer is at a disadvantage.

Some wood backed targets have a narrow piece of wood on the back. Some old targets have old hardware or the mark where the old hardware was. Some old targets will have replaced hardware.

Reproductions of Historical Schutzenscheiben are offered on the German eBay site and noted as reproductions. The backs of the reproduction Schutzenscheiben on the German eBay site are not shown.

C. J. W.-20609

IMG_1675.jpg (98.77 KB, 335 downloads)
Schutzenscheibe. Note that this example is the least expensive cardboard target.
IMG_1677.jpg (81.86 KB, 335 downloads)
Schutzenscheibe. Note that this example is the least expensive cardboard target.
IMG_1676.jpg (106.91 KB, 335 downloads)
Web capture_14-4-2024_172650_www.ebay.at.jpeg (44.79 KB, 331 downloads)
Reproductions of Historical Schutzenscheiben are offered on the German eBay site and noted as reproductions.
Last edited by C. Wetzel-20609; 04/14/2024 10:40 PM.