Transl.: It is a very early production of the CarlEickhorn firm, a socalled "christmas dagger"!!! Beside some regions of age a very clean blade clear slogan "A.f.D.", makermark Carl Eickhorn, the dedication "In heatfelt comradeship"still well to see, the name "Ernst Röhm" has been erased, nickle fittings, the crossguard stamped "Fr" for regiongroup Franken, original set in emblems SA and early eagle, blued (I think should be "bräuniert") scabbard with nickle fittings. The dagger owns only little traces of age/usage, very well preserved, cond.2. Extremely rare!!! Price on request.

I am no expert on these, I have never owned one. Just out of interest I wonder what others think about this piece. My observations mainly concentrates on the grip. In regard of the overall condition of this dagger te grip looks remarkably well preserved. When looking in detail on the emblems I wonder if the wood has been restored. i am also no fan of the grip to crossgards fit. The grip looks to me more like one of the typical RZM era grips. I do not have the least idea concerning the blade, could it be original or an artificially aged fake???
Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.