Originally Posted by Gaspare
Yes Penthouse!! I have that also somewhere and actually a good article!

Jow,,didn't want to mention your name as owner.. I thank you so much for showing it.. It is a work of art.. Some say its just Amber and others say Ambergris.. There is a difference. Whichever it is that would be a star of anyone's collection especially with its history.. So there was no ward that year and Hitler liked it so much decided to 'hold on' to it until after the war and could be awarded! I've seen in it person a few times and photos don't do it justice. Its a beauty of a piece and glad you still own it!

The spectacular 3 items I show above I'm not sure they were made. When you have the book in front of you and really study/inspect it I really think some are drawings. The sword really looks like a drawing when seen in hand in the book.. There are many other super items but I usually don't like to show as some 'dealers' would have a field day!! Suddenly months later they would be found! , and sold with using the book as a provenance!

Its a shame that many of the items from Hitler Treasure trove hoard will probably never be seen again!!

- * Thanks again Joe for presenting it here....,Gaspare

Gaspare, I think those pieces were created if you read the text below the last two designs. The second photo showed a Swordtip in Steel with a height of almost 21 inches including the base made in 1936. The owner (Besitzer) was Gauleiter and State Representative Josef Grohe. The third photo is titled the Führer's Cup, created in 1938 for the Aachen Competition, with a height of almost 28 inches. Both appear to have been produced, but did they survive the war. Was their a title for the sword hilt in the first photo?

"This hobby is a continuing education"
Looking for Walther Model 8 #727649
and Walther PP #975557