Ric,,,yes,,this IS made to deceive,,rob collectors from their money!..... - It'd be a nice wearer if your a navy man! -

Don't know if separately applied pieces or not. And,,,the new casting methods are fantastic,,,just look at 'E's Honor rings!. One of the few problems it has is,,,,its too perfect! I mean immaculate!

I was involved many years ago when a joint effort of myself and Odal [and an investor] uncovered that Big skull ring hoard.. - Even with those there was a tone, you could see an age even though many were still wrapped, mint, with the labels still on them!!
Long time ring collectors can take one look at that Laurin stamp and know its not right.. No real polish to inner band,,,and I bet if they showed more of the inside we'd find other faults...

Ric,, I always thought of this forum for helping new collectors.. Guys like yourself and many of the old members I thank you all for your help and experience. in helping here... Can't imagine how much we have saved the newer collectors....

Some guys love rings and no matter how long they have collected they just can't 'see' problems in a fake/reproductions. some leave the hobby, others post here and ask etc. and thats fine,,perfect.. We're here when we can be!

* Anytime any of you have a favorite ring,,or a ring you thought questionable,,,please, go ahead and start another topic and post a photo.... It's great to learn,,,and even better to help someone else!

- Summer is slow time in finding rings,, at least by me.. There is maybe 2 or 3 local shows but they are very small. Most of us wait it out for the MAX!... But,,in Summer there are also flea markets, bazars,,'boot sales',Church sales,,what ever you want to call them.. So,,be on the look out ,look in those little bins on guys tables,,ask local jewelers to go thru their silver scrap piles, , you might find something worthwhile,,,,you never know! Happy hunting guys and,,,,be careful!!... , G.