History has taken its toll on the AH ring.. frown . The Rhodium plating was the first to come off. Then a host of other mishaps all damaged the ring one way or another.. The photos shown are all from my project on rings . There is a chapter on 'Specials and this is just one of 5 'Special' rings..

This is a old photo when it looked much better. This was called the Treasure Trove of the Decade,,,should be millennium!

AH mothers portrait was painted on Ivory! and once , maybe still belonged to Woff & Hardin..

The pistol I don't know what happened to it.

The ring sold to a non military antiques collector.. He knew it was a great deal and got it. It was very poorly promoted and advertised hence the low but still respectable price of slightly under $50k.

There was also a non portable award for getting the SAAR back. A one of a kind in a special fitted case that went to Hitler. In the auction there was no mention it was from the hoard and someone got very lucky!
There was also a few small paintings from Hitler and a small flag that from what I understand was to his yacht[??]

,, And pictured here a Silver Salver - Engraved along the edge and on back and each Gau was in Amber!! Because of the war starting suddenly with the US it was never awarded and was said Hitler liked it so much he kept it!! ,, A beauty of a piece that went to a member of this forum!

There was a Large Mein Kampf,,,and a few other small pieces I'd have to check my notes on. This was all about 15 years ago guys so I jusy don't remember some of the smaller items

AH1.jpg (122.72 KB, 294 downloads)
BilyAd2.jpg (28.63 KB, 294 downloads)
Last edited by Gaspare; 05/01/2023 10:34 PM.