Hello Fitzer, these knots (there are variants) are commonly looked at as postwar phantasy pieces. They pop up from time to time, also in variants. They are called SSknots or Bahnschutz knots
The knots are very well made, some material (eg the "crown" of the acorn) or the look of the black band stiching somehow does not conform what we are used to see in III R items.
For what it is worth: All I know for ABSOLUTELY SURE is: About 30 years or more ago I got contact with a local tailor who had (for these times) enourmous, unbelievable quantities of SSand other branches items, unworn, mint. Eg. those SScollarpatchs with screws, up to Gruppenführer and higher. TN troddels in all colors, Uniform eagles for different branches. He had them bagwise. And ALL of these items, after scrutiny inspection, turned out to be 100% period, original. Not one fake, not one copy. Between all these items I remember that there were two or three of these knots (still bound) which have been for me the only items which could not be determined for sure.
Kind regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.