Hello gents, in his personal files we can see that the name is written -Gruss- which is exactly corresponding with the ring inscription (here written with two -long s- which is also totally correct for -s- on the end of a word), The -Grusz- (should be socalled long "s" which looks somehow like an -f- without bar, combined with "z" which builds the socalled "sharp s" although obviously incorrectly written in the DAL can be observed from time to time when it was not known for sure how a name was written in the document of birth (which alone should be the measurement for the correct writing of a name but as said often disobeyed) concerning names with unsure/different kinds of writing. It happens that such name can be written even in a different way in different period personal papers. So nothing wrong or no red flag for me and I like this ring very much which I did already when I have seen it over there at WAF.
Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.