Originally Posted by Ric Ferrari
In my experience hand finishing on leaves to modify their appearance is not the rule but an exception, most of SSHr show the exact same features on outer band.

ALL the '30 style rings have hand finishing. ALL. Including yours. I know 3 of yours, and all 3 shows heavy hand tooling. Feel free to post them here, and let see if it is the rule as I say, or an "exception" like you say.

This is not an exception, this is THE rule. I can also tell you the exact year when Gahr stopped to make hard hand tooling on the leaves.

Please find an untouched 30 style ring and post close ups here. In all the years of research I spent I found only one. And that way the key to understand MANY things...
On my side I have at least 50 different rings I can show here.

If this is you point of observation, if you have noticed that ALL the rings are hand finished, I understand many many things... And, of course, if you try to dismiss an evidence like this without any proof, it is obvious where you want to lead this discussion.

Or we talk and show evidences, or we talk about opinions.

The same we can say about increased distance between leaves and band edge, it's not the rule but an exception.

Are you kidding?
Almost all TK rings are off center, the variable distance from leaves to top edge is THE rule.
Look at the rings posted by Evgeniy, they exactly show what I'm saying.

Post all your '40 rings please, so we can see if they show all the same distance. This is better visible in '40 style rings, since most part of '30 style rings have the leaves hand re-worked; anyway you can see it in '30 rings too, very well.

Believing some exception like a rule could drive us to wrong conclusions, so it's better focusing on standard features IMO.

Ric

I repeat: I know 3 of your rings, and all them show what I say. So, or you never watched at your rings, or you are saying a lie.

In the meanwhile I show you what are the real standar features, I can use 2 of your rings, just for example. Both shows hard hand tooling all around... Seems these "exceptions" are not "exceptions"

fccec90345b43aa6a30ef457e32739d9.jpg (44.23 KB, 263 downloads)
fccec90345b43aa6a30ef457e32739d9_1.jpg (23.11 KB, 265 downloads)
T18_12.jpg (48.72 KB, 267 downloads)