Guys, let me say one thing: please, talk of one topic per time, being a forum we have to focus on just one topic.
There are tens of things to talk about before to understand something in a serious way. If we put different arguments on each other this discussion will turn very fast in a complete confusion and so, useless.

Originally Posted by Ric Ferrari
I do not know the reason why some SSHr show different distance of leaves from edge band, probably because Gahr made different female dies having a different distance of leaves from edge band.

That's my answer

Ric

Almost each ring has a different distance between leaves and band's edge.
Design of the leaves/runes is perfectly matching (where no hand toolings are present of course), it means the die used was only 1 (actually 2 for the leaves/runes, 1 for the so called '30 and one for the so called '40... but we should also talk about this...).
So, or Gahr had an endless number of dies, or the die stricking process has nothing to do with them.

Of course this is not possible for investment casting, nor for die casting processes in the way we normally consider them.

On my side it is incredible to see that a so important detail was never discussed, never considered in all these years.

Originally Posted by Evgeniy
I hope you can give to my add my info about method of made SSHR : In the process of restoration and restoration of the ring model of the 40s, I noticed that there were at least two ring models (maybe there were 3 types), they appear in different years, from 41 to 44, many rings have traces of processing, it can be seen it is easy in the areas between the triangle and the bones of the skull, there the leaves are always cut by a calmail by hand and each time in a different way. And a very large number of skulls, there are many varieties, even the skulls are identical at first glance, they differ in little things(how teeth look and areas around teeth look like eyes socket). This does not speak at all in favor of a stamp where everything will be the same. From this I concluded that the stamp theory is misleading.
I try show yellow likes where need look

Hello Evgeniy,

in this case the areas you are considering are different due to the hand tooling and because they are not the same area (some rings are bigger and so the last "leave" is longer and different).
I agree with Ric, if 2 pieces are different, no way they were die struck/pressed or die cast. But, I repeat, in this case you are cosidering hand worked areas (and some different), most of the areas you highlighted are hand re-worked.

Originally Posted by Evgeniy
if the rings were stamped, then so much work on finishing the rings would not be required, as we see, the stamp suggests that there are very few improvements, because there is a good relief. But here we see everywhere improvements and even in the skull, eyes, teeth and the area around them, bones (cuts on the bones).
I make my copies by casting and there is one size and there are very few finishing touches.

Originally Posted by Ric Ferrari
Hello Evgeniy,

first you say : " if the rings were stamped, then so much work on finishing the rings would not be required, as we see, the stamp suggests that there are very few improvements"

then you say : " I make my copies by casting and there is one size and there are very few finishing touches"

So you're saying that both casting and stamping don't need much hand finishing........am I right ?

Ric

Yes, a die struck piece no need any hand finish. Check for example Hapur rings: no hand tooling on them. All the die struck items no need hand tooling, from awards to jewelry. No questions on this. PP rings that were die struck don't show any hand tooling and so no other items in all the jewelry production. All the books/reports/period papers on the subject report that.
At the same time a die cast item no need hand finish; only an investment cast item can require some minor working, but nothing in common with all the work we see especially on '30 style rings.

This is another point that no one has ever pointed out, but very clear to dismiss a construction by die stricking/pressing and also die casting.
From my side absolutely important and one of the first things to consider.

I add another important detail: check the whole TK rings production: can you see where/when Gahr made more hand toolings on the rings?
On most of '40 style rings the hand tooling around the leaves is few when absolutely absent - on '30 is almost always present and very invasive.

So why should Gahr spent so much time in hand finish rings (especially in '30) if they were die struck/die cast?
This is a very important questions no one has ever asked... And of course there's an answer.

Do you see in few posts how many unanswered questions? Just only looking at the rings, without any magnifier or microscope. With a little of common sense, simply considering these 2 questions (distance of leaves from band's edge and hand tooling) you can dismiss everything said on TK rings until now.
And these are only 2 questions. There are tens...