James
I'm always of the opinion each person should do there own homework before asking for opinions, there is both good and bad information out there, there are times when I have relied on other articles or posts on certain subjects but I have always tried to find my own evidence rather than relying on others before I ask anything, original reference material is out there, it's all about how much you want to know for sure yourself rather than relying on others, generally I pass on information when asked, sometimes it's just my opinion based on my experience, other times it is from my own period reference which as you well know more than anybody on this forum it does not come cheap, that being said, I am now becoming a little bit picky over who to help, there are a number of forum members not only on GDc but on other forums as well who I know do not bother with any research, these I am beginning to question, they seem to be more of the investor type rather than a true collector, it is a bit frustrating. As we have both said many times buy the books, no doubt there is incorrect information within the books relating to our collecting sphere but most is correct and a lot can be learnt from them, period reference is another matter, everything you see is guaranteed from the period and so much can be gained from acquiring a good selection of period reference and it is available for all if you just value it enough for your own personal enlightenment.

Nice post

Gary