Craig,, You took what others told you as fact and used it to form an opinion/a theory on how the HR was made..That's always doesn't add up to fact or the correct sum.
I have no reason to read your book. I'm not interested in the ring..

Call you to discuss this?!? that's what we have this wonderful forum here for.
Please if you take this all as an 'assault' on you or your book then I really do apologize.. It's really not meant to be...

Yes, lets get back to business. Most mass produced commercially made for retail rings [lets add themed towards the military if you like] made during the period were NOT from a rubber mold nor were they made in the round. I've got my own interviews and findings to go by from the last 6 or 7 years, *and to back them up an amassed collection or period dies, photos and documentation....
*Now the Honor ring is a little different. It is a mass produced ring though!. Looking at it I'd think there was more than the one process on how the design is on the ring...

"lets talk about how Don Boyle knows that a roll-die was used? He may in fact be right, but I for one would like to know how he formed his opinion."

I would say he knows from his relationship with Mr.Piechel who most know was a employee at the Gahr firm... Don's a great guy. But he really ,for whatever the reason, doesn't want to let all the nuances about how the ring was produced known...

*Robert, Yes, the German had their own ways with certain things. I'd say with jewelry though its pretty much the same as the rest of the world at the time,,not politics,,just sharing in an art Wink

I think in the near future the HR dies, or parts of them, will eventually surface....