Originally Posted by Jeronimo
Very nice conditioned SA for the price, complete with accouterments!
Devil's Metal, I do believe you are overthinking things. The seller might have come across a nice SS grouping that he's selling.
Just because he has a tunic (or uniform) and a photo album, it doesn't automatically mean he has the dagger as well.
Looks like he just has a nice later period RZM SA dagger for sale. You mention its price is about the same in the UK as it is here?
It's $200 cheaper than what a similar example goes for in the UK, plus it's complete with hanger and belt loop (that's almost another $200).

If you want to start collecting only SS items, that's fine. But SA's are definitely not less collectable, just less scarce than SS daggers.
I own some of both and cannot tell you which ones are my favorite. They are all their own little piece of history...
Some people become "type" collectors focusing on one organization, and others (like me) try to find the nicest and most interesting examples from all different edged weapons the TR produced, military and political...

But over time I'm sure you will find a lot of enjoyment in collecting, no matter what direction you choose. Good hunting!

Unfortunately my personality tends to over think just about everything. I have missed opportunities galore in just about every aspect of life as I read way to far into it then its gone ! But, I am learning and seems every day now I find gem after gem which in itself causes me grief. Now I must make a decision of what direction to take as once again today I found another SA that appeals to me greatly but, locally I have found a very nice army dagger that has also caught my attention and I can actually go physically see it as opposed to across the country.

Once again I cannot thank all the contributors here for offering to me their most precious commodity their time and for that I am grateful.