Thanks for all the help guys I just ordered that naval portepe which will cover up the chip in the handle and Ive decided to leave this blade alone. I know what you guys mean by stuff at shows being WAY to shiney and buffed. These daggers are 70 to 80 years old and really are supposed to look the part, most of the crud is the buffer pad which is worn in good, so it wont really hurt it. The scanbard is on the wrong way, I tried reversing it and not only was I worried about the tip catching the ding and bending the tip, but it also was very stiff and hard to unlock and redraw out from the scabbard, and since it doesnt have hangers anyways there isnt much harm in it. Im gonna eventually get this one into my final solid oak locking display case, I found 3 of them clearing out my parents house in CT and put them right to use. Right now the daggers inside wrapped in bubble wrap in a draw. Ill get pics up on the 1st, it really is in good shape and considering it was 420 all together im happy with it.