Mikee, thanks for the kind words. Not ahead but try and be through.. I believe mistakes have been made about certain things..

6 years ago I wanted to finally go ahead and start working on a book about private purchase rings. I had been gathering info etc. I decided to go to NYC and interview a few old time jewelers. I showed each one a 3rd Reich period ring. I asked them how this ring was made back in the late 30's/early 40's.. All said about the same thing, Carved model,,wax pieces put together,,'Investment cast',,made in the round, etc.etc..

I then pulled out this original master die for the ring. They quickly admitted they were wrong..
Now really they were not wrong. It was me. I didn't fully explain everything and that caused the mis-diagnosis..
Anyway,,,I do not believe for one second the HR was Investment Cast,nor rubber molds were used. And, although it could have been made semi circle I don't believe it was. I don't think it was just made, then hand finished and thats it. There were other steps involved that are not usually done for other rings......

wwdie.jpg (63.02 KB, 1573 downloads)