Hi I think a couple of our members have a ww pattern that contains a diagonal script and a small skull in one of the corners- it might be on our ww thread. I'm assuming you are familiar with the Westwall and its construction defense etc- this was the point of the commemorative service rings- there were female rad members who have rings of their service too- I'm guessing this is one of them. There is sometimes a date and it usually says 1939/1940 obviously corresponding to the service and what was going with it at the time- we in the west know it as the old Siegfried line- and it may have originated from the "original" ww rings which were made by (I imagine somewhat bored) servicemen using bits of wire to make spiral rings from it. I have one and IMHO it's a must have piece for any ww ring collector. The skull is just an omnipresent symbol of loyalty until death, defense until death, etc. it's been around for a very long time but really came into fashion again in the 20s and 30s due to the use by the freikorps soldiers and of course the ss. I think it was considered patriotic trendy and kind of cool (these were usually young men, if u remember). The pyramids on the cartouche are the dragons teeth that are still there reinforced concrete tank barricades. Patton said when he saw it that built up defensive fortifications are testaments to mans stupidity. Always loved that quote. Regards Mike