Originally Posted By: Vern
The following email was received today. If you have further questions, you can contact the artist listed in the email.

"Although the plate is not original to the TR period as stated by Tristan, �ajax� should NOT use the word �fake� to describe the plate. The plate is an original piece of artwork, not duplicating anything from Allach or any other porcelain manufacturer. It is definitely post-war & marked with my logo, thus never meant to defraud. I am the artist & producer of this plate. If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected]."

Thanks,

Stephen Cook
(Kressmann-Backmeyer)

Ummm, that plate design is directly attributable in style and form to Allach pocelain Juhlfest plates. While it may not be meant to decieve the style and design is clearly taken from another manufacture and arguing otherwise would be similar to arguing that Mark Twain's Huck Finn copied word for word in Crayon is not Plagerism. In addition if it was manufactured in reverse off an original model it would be "fake" or a reproduction, the existence of the plate is not known but the manufacturer cleary knows what he did here.

Last edited by ajax; 12/16/2015 04:22 AM.