Thanks to both for your input. No, I wouldn't say the militaria market is completely deceased. But, for those of us who have been around a while (a long while, for some!), it is nothing like it once was. Several decades ago, it seemed much more WWII vet material was surfacing and almost anything of interest sold rather easily and quickly. It is more of a struggle now to sell some nicer items at even bargain prices, where authenticity is unquestionable. Caution is always wise, especially on the more expensive relics, but many in the hobby, mostly "late arrivals," have gone from cautious to judgmental and critical, even insulting at times. There are websites where "peanut galleries" have set themselves up to rudely criticize whatever catches their eye in a nasty way. Self-appointed inquisitors, often with little knowledge and experience in what they are talking about. And, unfortunately, there are those who accept their opinions and acerbic remarks as "gospel," without question. The irony is these self-appointed judges, juries and executioners frequently don't know what they are talking about, have mediocre collections, at best, are sometimes jealous they don't own an item in question and are often "guilty" of the very things they condemn others for. Such activity hurts the hobby, often "poisons" an item they rip apart and are the epitome of rudeness and insensitivity. Civilized discussions and differences of opinion can be healthy and should be expected, but there are those who go well beyond those areas and act like jackals. Such activity has a dampening effect on collectors and tends to turn many away from being more active in collecting. True, there are many outlets to sell militaria and, for sellers and buyers alike, they must go where their interests take them. Personally, I would always rather pass items from my collection on to militaria collectors who appreciate them and want them for their collections. But, I have learned that is not always possible. Each of us has his own experiences and mine has been the less expensive, more common items tend to sell pretty well, while the upper end items are difficult to find buyers for, even at bargain prices. As one member here said and the song says, " You got to know when to hold 'em." And that is a better alternative to selling at unreasonably and absurdly low prices.