Originally Posted By: Dave Hohaus
eBay stopped selling most things Nazi over 12 years ago. This should come as no surprise. Most of it was fake, like most of the items seen at shows.

Yeah but, its easy to see the stigma which can be associated with Nazi collecting. The Swastika, for centuries a symbol of good luck used by a myriad of countries and groups including coca cola and the boy scouts, has forever become corrupted into a symbol of racist evil in the minds of many. Still, ebay acted under pressure from a small minority from France & Jews, I think most people wouldn't give a hoot if Nazi items were being sold, but in order to preserve their PC status and cause no waves in their international business model, they caved and never looked back.

I can't see how this compares to holocaust items, not sure if the Jews think that neo Nazis buy these items and hold seances to resurrect their former owners and torture them again or what, but them proposing that every item associated with camps is some kind of holy grail that belongs only in a museum is ludicrous. They have been playing the mass guilt trip since the end of WW2 to further their agenda and reap countless benefits, and I for one am sick and tired of it.
As I said, I don't care on a collecting level since it is far from my area, and as others have said, the vast majority is fake and can never be properly vetted anyhow, but it comes down as a matter of principle for me.
I can see why they banned Nazi items, I can see why they don't allow the sale of personality items from the likes of Charles Manson/Jeffery Dahmer ect ... Its tough to see where it all ends if they keep caving to every special interest, I suppose Indian arrow head collecting and the like may be next in a fruitless effort to appease these sympathy bandits.

Doug