Originally Posted By: derjager
S..
I'm wondering what they are on? A boat, a ferry? The benches are lashed down...

Hi Joe!!! Yes, goldfasan is right. Actualy, the picture is on Der Deutsche, one of the ships that did Norwegen fahrten. The Robert Ley also did many to Norwegen, but also the Wilhelm Gustloff, the Oceana, Monte Olivia and so on.

The Northsea was not only important to Germany for travel to the North, but also for food and prduction materials, like all other holidays, Norwegenfahrten were used to also educate workers, and to put propaganda on workers.

Special trips to Norwegen were the Norwegenfahrten Der Deutschen Technik, but, then you just have to mention Herr Doktor Fritz Todt, and, maybe Ill get back at that topic someday.

I said before, I like pins made of wood. Here is one for Norwegenfahrten by KdF Gau Sachsen, made in Sachsen, in Seiffen, the Erzgebirge, where so many nice wooden things and toys were made. A little damaged, but a nice tinnie anyway. Anybody more Norwegenfahrten tinnies, or pins?

With a little advertizing article about Norwegenfahrten, in a KdF program booklet for Gau Sachsen;

Closer;

Back;

Enjoy!

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.