JoeW, in the moment it looks like it is coming back, at least the temperatures...

I am totally with you and Ron. The combination of etching and engraving is not easy to dublicate. Especially when you ever have handed an original. The problem might be for unexperienced collectors. But I think these would not collect such a rare and from a lot of collectors unknown sidearm.
And you are totally right (have been also my personal thoughts) that the trickiest part is the scabbard.

In a german forum (where even very "experienced" collectors did not know these bajonets) there was the certain rumour of fakes made in England. No pics there. So I just wanted to hear if anybody has seen such a beast as for me the rumour also was totally new.

JoeW, I am aware, that the originals come with two kind of scabbard finishes: either blued or phosphated. The left one in my photograph has a blued scabbard (looks almost new) and the right one has the phosphated variant.
Although they are pretty rare the condition of most is nicer than the condition of common police bajonets. A collector friend here has one which still has a lot of protection laquer on the scabbard. Looks brand new but is right as rain and original.

Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.