Herman, you have not convinced me that solid reds are early fakes, infact i think they could be either an later variant or prototype that was used near the end of hj knife production as you dont really see an abundance of knifes with the solid red daimonds, this change from fish scale or pimpeled daimonds to solid red could have been to match the rest of the hj insignia of solid red in the hj shirt sleeve patch ect but thats just my thoughts, now the only solid reds i believe in until some solid proof comes to light to say there fakes are the type in Raymonds hj knife & BobI type & the solid red with speckled affect through the red, all other types imo are post war copies.

your opinion that the griplate was damaged on Raymonds knife to remove the origional daimond doesnt wash with me as there is No evidence of this in the photo you have pointed out with an arrow that damage occured as the same lip appears to be part of the griplate & made during the manufacture process, you see this effect on other hj knifes, now can you answer me a question i asked you on a previous post, How do you fit a hj daimond into the griplate without damaging the rivits, griplate & daimond prongs??

i am keeping a positive open mind on these solid reds until they are 100% proved to be Fake as stated by you & Dave,

if anybody else reading this thread has any more solid red info or hj knifes with solid red daimonds please post.

Thanks Mac 66 smile