Ok, Houston, I will.

Here is the chronology of what happened.

On Nov 1, I sent Mike a bank draft for these items.
Within a week of this, Mike telss me that he has sent this out (a package that is 20 by 20 by 2 inches) priority mail but unregistered based on the advice of his postmaster.

Between the end of November and the end of December, Mike and I exchange a few notes .. where Mike is more worried about than I am. I have found that up to 6 weeks for international mail is not unheard of and, with the Christmas mail deluge, I wasn't going to get worried about thsi until the end of December.

So, we are now in the middle of February and still no parcel has arrived. Mike is worried and I am really, really antsy. I checked with Canada Post and with Canada Customs, who both tell me that without some kind of a tracking number, there is no way that they can help me.

In all of this, I have absolutely no reason to doubt Mike and he seems to be doing all he can to find this.

In hindsight, what could we have done differently? Made sure that some kind of tracking and signature requirements were in place (registered letter, courier, whatever).

John

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.