Originally Posted By: Jim W
I do not believe there are any French Markings. A few Waffen marks but that is all.

I bought this 40 years ago at a pawn shop outside Ft Knox. they had a second one that was rough metal on the outside. I regret to this day not buying that. I assume this pistol was taken from the factory by some GI along with the other one. Truly late war production or produced from parts. 100% matching serial numbers and clear Nazi markings.

Shoots good.

Jim,
You showed your good taste by picking this one over the one with, I assume you mean, metal grips? The ac45 code was changed to svw45 in the "c" through mid "f" block with about 15k being manufactured. They were finished in all blue, all phosphate (as yours looks to be) and a combination of blue & phosphate. The metal gripped svw's were put together after the French occupied the Mauser plant and don't command nearly the collector price of the German ones like yours. Nice catch!
p.s. All svw45 pistols I have seen have black grips. I'm not sure, but think your grips may be incorrect. You might want to look for a replacement set.
p.s.s. Here are a couple pics of my svw45 blued/phosphate combo #1867f. Note the blued barrel, take-down lever and safety.

100_4754 (Medium).jpg (64.95 KB, 141 downloads)
100_4758 (Medium).jpg (60.28 KB, 142 downloads)
Last edited by Denny Gaither; 01/17/2012 05:54 PM. Reason: added post script

WANTED TO REPURCHASE!! Walther pistol Model PP - ac code - Ser. No. 382000P - REWARD FOR INFO ABOUT THIS PISTOL!!