Hello Joe. In the book "labor organizations of the reich" , there is 4 pages on this topic. having werkscharen as political leaders in the factories. idea was approved 4 may 1939.
werkschar leaders who were party members will become political leaders. the newly created leaders will have dual NSDAP/DAF membership...
this was for orts gruppen level ONLY.
the basic DAF uniform was still used but, the new political arm bands & collar tabs were to be used.
I talked to Mr. Clark , he gave me some more info. , so I now under stand the idea of this.
in the book it showed only 8 armbands used (of the normal political ones used). and only showed 4 low level collar tabs.
my assumption is that not all of the tabs would ever be worn.
so , 1) trying to see if anyone had more info = in general on this topic.
2) wanted to try to figure out which tabs MAY HAVE went with each of the armbands.

I now understand the arm bands are "positions" & the collar tabs are pay grades. BUT, if 4 armbands were Not intended to be used , then that implies specific tabs would Not be used too. But , no clue which.
Sound like other rivals at the time, helped to not allow it to grow into what it was intended plus lack of insignia , war going on , ect.
I'm working on a third reich rank insignia book. just 1 of many organizations that is difficult to find info. on.
jeff

Last edited by jeff; 06/14/2011 10:33 AM.