Originally Posted By: Pat

Anyone that says that the hobby hasn't declined, has to be living on another planet or be a dealer, period.

Just couple of years ago, any mint early SS EM would sell for at least $ 6000 and $ 1500 for an early SA, in today's market you would be pretty damn lucky to get 80% of your price. Less desirable daggers are doing even worst and are just not selling, even if they are stone mint. Just ask anyone trying to sell a minty Army or Kreisgmarine dagger nowadays, quite depressing ?

It is quite clear that the hobby has taken a big hit downward and I also think that prices will stay at this level for many years to come.
Fewer people are collecting and the average age of most collectors at SOS were well over 50 years old, not exactly what I call "new blood".

The good news, JohnZ and I are not collecting for investment purposes............thank goodness or I would be going mad.

The prices you refer to Pat contributed to younger collectors turning away. Some of us stayed and as prices come back down to 'reality' im hopeful these people may consider jumping in again.

GDC silver member #393