Originally Posted By: lloyd

NEAT items here! I LOVE the pics!

Thanks Lloyd! Nice comments are always appreciated

Originally Posted By: jim m
I hope this fits into this thread but here's an item in my collection. If nothing else it shows that the Germans had a medal for for just about anything. Sorry about the washed out center on the front as I had to shoot this under artificial light.
Jim

Hi Jim! Youre very right! Medals for anything, YES! And why wouldnt it fit here? It links to some posts back, so, thanks much for sharing this! That is a very beautiful plaqete, wow! I like the Rollhockey part! Ha ha, thats cool, when all is good I do evrything on skeelers, so, very nice! To share the sidestep, from Abzeichen this time not from KdF, look at pic number 4 attached! Hows THAT for collectable?! A nice KdF Kodak-Box 620 camera! Thats gotta at least make a few people grin? Its not mine, I just found it somewhere. Your sportsaward must be realy rare, no? Probably is more expensive then evrything togethere here!?? Is it made of horn? Or bone? Or .. ?

Anyhow, back on KdF, what IS mine, is a lovely Delitzsch - Volks- und Heimatfest 3. und 4. Juli 1937 Abzeichen, that shows the KdF logo. Yes, by Friedrich again! And from Nitroplast this time. Seems a bit more thin then Efoplast Abzeichen but thats just coincidence maybe. Its super detailed, this! Very nice to sit an watch it with a lookingglass sorta like a peepbox, you know, you made as child? Truly very nice colours, this blue brownish. At the back, the maker and "D.R.P.a.", meaning "Deutsches Reichspatent angemeldet", so, another design officialy only made by Friedrich.

Here you can find nice postal stamps for that fest. in 1937 btw the towns Dewitz, D�bitz and Pl�sitz were added to Delitzsch.

The background, a dancegroup performing Heimatt�nze in KdF-Stadt. So not Delitzsch but still nice. KdF-Stadt, we know from Volkswagen Werk, and is today known as Wolfsburg, very near Fallersleben, were most of the people, that built the KdF Wagens came from.

Enjoy,
KR

VolksUndHeimatfest1937_1c.jpg (119.02 KB, 148 downloads)
Front
VolksUndHeimatfest1937_2c.jpg (122.49 KB, 147 downloads)
Back
VolksUndHeimatfest1937_3c.jpg (121.69 KB, 145 downloads)
Closeup
KdF-Fotobox-620-1.jpg (83.94 KB, 146 downloads)
Kraft durch Freude picture camera?! Awseome ;)
Last edited by Krullies; 02/11/2011 05:08 PM.

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.