Hi Imperialcollectors!

Im hoping, for anyone, that knows more then a bit on these Braunschweiger Totenk�pfchen. The small Schirmm�tze skullies, not the big awesome Pelzm�tze skulls! These little ones are about 2,5 centimetres by 2,5 centimetres (about 1 inch by 1 inch) Theres 2 kinds of these Schirmm�tzetotenk�pfchen, the private purchases, and the service issues. There are 2 of the private purchase in the shots as attached. The little skull on the left, is the issued. This has a bit of a funny look in its eyesockets, no? I like it tho, gives it something sweet'ish. Anyhow, I know, I cant just barge in, asking "hey this good?", so, I did homework! Triedto find anything on these. Pics, infos, books, sites. Somehow, its dreadful, finding anything? So, I tried to look at the prongs and the details and to any info anything anywhere tells us. But I cant find out, how to find out, if these are genuine or not? They also have no makermark, so, I cant just look at what maker made what detail? Not that I know anyhow. So, Im hoping to discuss these 3 skullies, to find out, if these are correct or not. The skullie on the left, the issued funny one, is made of zink (I think), a lighter metal? So, possible made late(r) in war? The other 2 are heavier. The issued one has 3 prongs. I attached shots of the back to show these. The other 2 private purchased, have both 2 prongs. The middle has the prongs from forehead and bones, the right skullie has both the prongs from above the nose. Another diffrence is that the middle skullie has solid bones? The right skullie has hollow bones. Ill post closer up pics of these 3 skullies to show better, yes? If anyone needs another view, just say it, I dont know what side or detail is important? Any comments most welcome! Thanks

Bye,
KR

skullies_1_1.jpg (121.54 KB, 185 downloads)
Front
skullies_1_2.jpg (122.86 KB, 184 downloads)
Back
skullies_1_3.jpg (117.72 KB, 183 downloads)
Also back

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.