Hey Shaun Thanks for your input,, there will always be a curiosity on a rarely seen item, that is hard to put a price tag on. this one of those cases. It is true what Jareth Holub says about the band being used as a patriotic symbol for everyone to show support for their pilots. Since this last posting under the old system, there are period photographs of many people young and old wearing these headands. click here Headbands You will have to scroll down about 3/4 of the way and near to the bottom, but through out there ares some great photos,, and a good one of Hirohito

I have exhausted my research into finding the true worth and have only came as close as the authentication of the cotton. So really there is no wrong answer and I appreciate all input.

Originally Posted By: Bob C
I've been told that Kamikaze headbands were made with blue ink

I never heard of the blue ink theory either,, but colors run when they get wet, who knows and its hard to say.
This head band with the prayer I will always be curious as to the worth like with anything else that is a rare find in this hobby.
I appreciate Jareth Holubs input, you brought it into the light that it was worn by more people than just the pilots,,,,I never knew that. I will always be open to any input concerning this,, Thanks again Larry

Last edited by Siegfried B; 09/07/2010 12:43 PM.

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!