ok,i looked at it under different light and it looks like a reissue repaint.i see evidence just barely of either a tri color shield or an ss decal on the other side.you have to catch it just right to see it.there isnt a seam or anything noticable but you can see the shape under the air vent. looking at the inside it is slate gray and the outside where it is chipped you can see the same color.for some reason in the sun it looks shiny but in person it isnt as much.no dome stamp,size 58 leather,liner band is zinc 1940 dated with grp in the middle of a circle of lettering. i didnt take it apart this is what i can kinda see in the reverse.one rive is marked 1942 with an arrow as pictured.chin strap is hard to read,reich and a word below starting with L i think. i am anxiously awaiting your comments and hope i didnt make a boo boo!!! i will try to get an image of the right side where the shield is supposed to be. being that the paint is so nice inside and slate gray i am guessing its a tri color instead of a possible ss...right? anyway,hope to hear your thoughts.
thanks
creed