Wagner: With respect, I don't give a hoot who started it. Frankly, these debates predate you, so please refrain from making statements about which you are ignorant. In fairness to the other viewers and to Fred . . . I think it is good, as Wagner said, to exchange olive branches.

This topic was not about you, Fred, and it was never intended to be. It was about solving a particular problem in the hobby. Namely, that rumor (started by you) was circulating that the NSKK High Leader was a suspect piece. Given how rumors spread like wildfire in this field, and given that terms like "funeral daggers" and "billet clamps" seem impossible to stamp out, and given my belief in rigorous but friendly debate, definition of terms, I felt (and do feel) that this series of debates was both appropriate and needed. I was not in the minority in my belief.

For me, all of these threads we have clashed over during the past months have shown me that my opinions were in the majority, but not universal. Still, I freely admit that they may be entirely incorrect!

Anybody who believes in objective truth, and who makes an argument, must believe their conclusions to each be the right one. And when you are arguing "A or B" you can't have both - each conclusion is mutually exclusive. Fred: It's no secret than in these particular cases, I believe you to be entirely wrong in your conclusions, just as you believe me and the rest of us to be wrong in ours. However, I have repeatedly and explicitly made reference in every single thread to your intelligence, cleverness, and knowledge on many subjects. I have never once derided your general character, integrity, or mental condition! Smile I was the one who was explicitly called a liar, a cheat, a and a loser. I do thank those who came to my defense. Fred: If you will point out to me statements I made which were similarly off-color, I will be glad to offer my apologies to you directly and publically.

Fred: I do accept your apology. And now for my part. Fred: you were quite willing to debate with me in private - extensively, so I believe it was fair for me to assume you had nothing to hide by debating in public. However, if your willingness to debate in private did not extend to a willingness to debate in public, than I misinterpreted your preferences, and for that, I apologize.

So, now we can all hopefully enjoy the MAX!

Craig Gottlieb
Founder, German Daggers Dot Com
www.cgmauctions.com