I will try and keep this short:

Houston, My goal is not to tear down things. When I wrote the �SS Chain Link Manufacturer� thread (the Type �X�) I was not: �trying to make many of the treasures of the hobby worthless�. It was a research project which I shared because I have a genuine interest in the hobby. If I have a regret, it was that I didn�t start it earlier so that it might have been available in time for Tom Wittmann�s book (if he had wanted to include the information).

Had this thread not developed as it has. Originally I wanted to look into the chains and connectors because there seems to be some controversy about the daggers. And I was curious how it might all fit together.

I have no ax to grind with Jason - who has been a gentleman which I very much appreciate. It was Craig�s dagger that I first had a problem with as soon as I got a good look at it. And it was as I looked into the topic as a whole that I began to ask questions. There is no �crusade� - I�m trying to get the truth of the matter. But if I�m forced to make a choice between accepted traditional belief and what I can see with my eyes. No disrespect intended to anyone, unless there is some kind of verifiable proof to the contrary, I�m probably going to go with what I can see.

If in the course of events I�m proven to be wrong you will see me come forward and admit it as I have in the past. If not, then lets hope that this can considered a disagreement between gentlemen and let it go at that. FP

PS: With all of the reader interest surrounding the topic - does anyone have some pictures that they can post?