Andy, The photos are yours to use to illustrate a point in a discussion good or bad. Even as you share all your hard work with others who are also interested in WW II German combat bayonets. There is no argument that the eagle style is different from early KM frogs. But then the well documented late HSc markings don�t look at all like the early KM markings.

The KM frog has interested me since I first saw it. While the leather is not super stiff, if somebody tried to apply an extra marking now it would be detectible because of the shiny black finish which is also not typical for same era leather frogs. The frog really is a �strange one� which seems to defy what is normally seen. That your friend found a black shiny leather �Ki� marked example (albeit with conventional steel rivets) along with an original condition bayonet I think is probably significant - especially if they look like they were together a long time.

George, First, my most humble apologies. The frog image was taken at a sharp angle with the pouch actually being straight across in the front like conventional German frogs. I didn�t think about it when I posted it, but the image was from when I was experimenting earlier with a camera. I have never seen one in use but my assumption has been that they were late and for German forces using 98k bayonets. Does anyone have information on their actual use?? Best Regards to All, FP