So many neat Police swords!

Denny,

Thanks for showing your WKC. I see your SS rune pommel is different than that of the Alcoso on Gunnet's. Good information that tells us there was not simply one generic SS rune pommel. I notice your WKC has a silver grip eagle just as does Gunnet's Alcoso while his Klaas (without a SS rune pommel) has a copper eagle.

Dale,

Your WKC and your Weyersburg both have copper grip eagles. This is my problem/question with these silver or copper grip eagles...no consistency that I can see. Can you tell if your pommels are different from each other and is your WKC pommel different than Denny's WKC pommel with runes? Dale, the verticle hanger did not come with my Pol NCO sword. The Pol NCO Degen would normally have the long plain black strap with a nickel regain hook and chain or the short teardrop sword hanger in black (for Schutzpolizei) or brown (for Gendarmerie). It MIGHT have a white hanger for parade, but that is not certain. I have seen few white parade sword hangers and never one that was dated during the NS Zeit.

Here are a couple of the normally accepted SS Officer Degen hangers with silver wire bullion facing. I suppose they might have also been worn on police Officer swords of this type (with runic pommels) as well. The NCO Pol Degen strap is similar, except that it has no bullion facing.

George

SS_sword_hangers.JPG (36.57 KB, 268 downloads)

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson