Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
Im afraid that Im going to have to join Donalds exodus from this forum.But not without making a statement.

Fran I am well aware of what happened to the SS men. They were massacred.However as I stated before if the state of mind of the allies and former prisoners was one that led to this massacre when they saw this camp and what occurred there,then what was the state of mind of the German soldiers when they arrived to replace the guards who had fled, what was thier state of mind? Why would they even consent to such a task if they were so innocent and oblivious to what went on?

Donald is correct too many like to pour a fog over the truth,and too many try to rationalize what happened because they in fact sympathize and secretly think that the nazis werent all that bad.Although it never comes right out on these forums thanks to true collectors who moderate or manage them it is quite apparent in the writings of some that they regret that the Allies won and the Germans got thier just deserve in the end which even for some was very lenient,hard to accept the truth and generations after probably fosters some anger and resentment,just as the war we are fighting now will do the same.Only we never seem to learn our lesson the way the Germans and Japanese were forced to.
Donald is correct also when he says he has witnessed the fall of this forum.Collecting was once a obby for men young and old and from all walks of life to enjoy. It has now,especially with the SS, become a money pit for the wealthy and I see mostly posts by wealthy people who aquire extreem rarities, some are appreciative of the historical value.But for the most part many IMO spend too much money and dont read enough to even know what they own,just its value monitarily. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by JohnPic79: It has now,especially with the SS, become a money pit for the wealthy and I see mostly posts by wealthy people who aquire extreem rarities, some are appreciative of the historical value.But for the most part many IMO spend too much money and dont read enough to even know what they own,just its value monitarily. Frown

That is absolutely true, and very sad.

BTW please stick around my friend!

Tim
Without Donalds tomes about "fetid woolens" and Johns Crusade against all that is not truth, this forum would be empty indeed.

To both of you, I ask please don't leave! This forum has its place, and needs the likes of both of you. You guys are what knowlege and passion of collecting are all about. If nothing else to be a less crowded place away from the WA world market of SS.

As for the historical/ethical arguments dredged up here, there is no 'right' answer. There was a war on, bad things happened on both sides. There's nothing we can do about what happend then. We can only try to make the world we live in now a better place.

JERRY
GDC GOLD #0213

www.militarycollectorsHQ.com
Online Content
I think that we have squeezed all the juice out of this orange, do I am closing it .... at least for the moment.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,269,712 SS Bayonets
1,766,884 Teno Insignia Set
1,137,141 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
WWII Era German Pipes!
by Gaspare - 06/05/2024 02:05 AM
German Pocket Knife
by Gaspare - 06/05/2024 01:42 AM
Organizational / Paramilitary rings
by Gaspare - 06/04/2024 10:29 PM
Official weapon of youth organizations
by den70 - 06/02/2024 08:23 PM
Copper NSKK eagle
by BretVanSant - 06/01/2024 11:11 PM
Latest New Posts
2 bad or 2 good
by Duzig - 06/06/2024 02:52 AM
Baden Police and Customs Official Bayonets
by Billy G. - 06/06/2024 02:27 AM
Expertise by Ralf Siegert
by Billy G. - 06/06/2024 02:11 AM
German Pocket Knife
by Gaspare - 06/06/2024 12:33 AM
EK 2 Round 3
by Dutchman - 06/05/2024 11:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,673
Posts329,345
Members7,548
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ryanpyc57, AnatoliyD, The_Collector, benten, Sasha, Jonesy), 236 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod