Rev. Mike,
I know that this might sound cynical due to my recent stroke of luck, but I know exactly what you mean, Schera and I go to every sale we can find, sometimes over 10 a day and driving over 5o miles! I have only been collecting for a very short while, but now every sale that I go to, I overlook my usual items of interest, and concentrate on the militaria. Out of well over 100 sales in the last two months the helm is the only piece that I have found other than some sort of stock certificate http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1560913051/m/3020079394
and I'm starting to think that its a fake, it's way to crisp! luckily I live in a heavily populated area, and there are always numerous estate, yard, garage, and rummage sales going on, so there is lots and lots of ground to cover, and I never stop hunting!

This is a brutal and merciless hobby, I love it though, out of the 7 purchases that I have made 3, possibly 4 of them are fakes, that fact alone was almost enough to make me call it quits, If not for kindhearted, charitable people such as your self and Bob Clark, I would have clocked out just as quick as I gained interest!

John
GDC gold #0011