quote:
Originally posted by zorro:
"$100,000.00 prototype dagger where did that come from?.I would not buy one of those either.The chained SS is not an officer dagger but I think you know that.I am not sure if they were ever factory made but the fact remains one will never know and because of that they will not bring the kind of money you surmize.If they do the market will be seeing many more rare unmarked M33 daggers soon.Also why do you know so much about unmarked M33.What makes them transitional and not early.Why do they conform to M36 specs with no serial# or group mark.Why are'nt plated fitting ones not seen? If the shortage of M36 carried on into the platted M36 post 38?.
"

Hello.
NO, Serge is not wrong!
I remember seeing the official video on VHS of the 1994 MAX Show, where Mr. Thomas Wittmann was showing for the first time ever a couple of SS Prototype dagger by ALCOSO probably made in 1941, both cased with prototype black and silver hangers. The asking price was US$ 300.000!!!!!! I wonder the value for the pair today...let me guess...half million may be??
I have pictures.
Dennys.
SS PROTOTYPE-001

SS_PROTOTYPE_DAGGER-001.jpg (60.91 KB, 107 downloads)
ss-001