"Reconfigure"?? Confused
Where did that come up?
OK, most all can "reconfigure" an SS dagger, and a few can "Reconfigure" it masterfully and make a $100,000+ "prototype". So what?
If you really want to know...IMO most of these scarce transitionals (That left the factory like this in a 33 scabbard) had been "reconfigured" into a "Chained SS" dagger..Again so what? It just leaves much less of the "unmessed" with originals for collectors.
And if someone has been in this hobby for a long time as Selleck mentioned earlier, back when one could find a lot of these "pure-veteran bring-backs", one would encounter this configuration on occasional occurances from different sources. Yes, back then we didn't say "Hey, that's a 36 dagger in a 33 scabbard" (unless one wanted to buy it on the cheap and put it into a chained scabbard Razz). Oh yes, that was the thing to do, all kinds of things were done and could be done...but I'm talking about "Factory original", in as issued to the SS man.
If someone wants to read Himmler's August 1936 order for the chained SS scabbard that we used to back then call the (Officers Model Red Face) one can see clearly that not only did many SS men not qualify for the "chained scabbard" but even the ones that did that there was a shortage of chained scabbards up to the time of the war.
So, let's say perhaps at the factory they said "Oh! We're out of chains again"! Does anyone think they would take the blade out and put it into the "chain blade bin" and then slip a marked transitional or RZM blade into the dagger before mating it with a 33 scabbard?

Anyway Dennys I've been too conservative on my "valuation". So someone who knows what it is and gives a "serious" offer. Well for those guys who say "It ain't worth it"!, and then it sells...well as the saying goes the "buyers is always right". Because he'sbuying while the rest of us are giving "arm-chair apprasials".

What is it worth???? What someone else is willing to pay. (No "reconfigures" need to apply. Big Grin

Regards,
-serge-