Recently SA was the hottest thing on earth; it was like panic because all this talk about rushing away buying all good pieces you can afford while they still available at reasonable prices and before Wittmans SA book is coming out etc�

It really been some kind of weird climax out there so this feeling many members have that the market has became slow is a strength feeling and could possible depend on many different things.

The climax maybe has become a sort of anticlimax.
Most average collectors are probably in this hobby for the pleasure and joy to collect and study and not for the stress and the rush to spend unlimited money on the best pieces because some say they should. Roll Eyes

Average collector can�t afford the best and the rarest pieces anyway even if they were given the opportunity to purchase some of those desirable pieces.
I think it�s the average collectors market that has slowed down a bit as a result of maybe just temporary exhaustion.

The bigger time collectors are always on the hunt for the best and rarest pieces, and they mostly have no problem to afford what they really looking for.
This market is mostly invisible for the average collector and will certainly remain unchanged forever.

Just my thoughts!

When comparing collectors market with ignorant buyers market on auction sites.

I do not like auction sites but as I see bad rusty part daggers and fakes selling all the time with non existent descriptions and extremely bad pictures for too much money I decided to do a test with a couple of nice SA:s on a Swedish auction site which now is a part of e-bay.

I recently listed a couple of nice fair priced SA:s with very detailed honest descriptions and good clear pictures, just to see the bidder�s reaction when listed good genuine stuff for a change.
I do sell a smooth Neiderhardt & Schmidt for $890, only one bid with one minute left before the auction ended�.only one fellow wanted that babie...Hmm something�s wrong here?

I also listed a very nice Bickel but nothing happened except a couple of guys e-mailed me asking for lower price if doing business outside the auction site, I refused of course.
I have now listed a descent Erhardt Reich SA, hundreds of people have watching but no bid so far.
A couple of days left�will see what�s happen until my test is over and out.

My conclusion of this test is that ignorant buyer prefers crappy, rusty, part daggers from ignorant sellers instead of good original pieces from serious collectors; I don�t understand it at all but this is the way it is.

I have not very much experience about ebay, maybe it�s the same, any opinions?

Sam,

"Honesty is the best policy"