FINALLY, the calm voice of experience. Wink

I've seen quite a few of all 3 makers Ron has listed and they are obviously bad when you sit down and examine them. Another bad "P" among etched goods is Paul Weyersberg. DON'T touch an etched blade by PW. I've seen a few Eickhorn AND several Clemen & Jung that would/could fool many. Both w/o the "P" and I suspect the "P" is a coincidence? Big Grin

IF it's too good to be true, it normally is. My Dad had an old saying that he passed to me. "Trust no living soul, walk softly amongst the dead, and if you hear sticks breaking, run!" Eek

Hopefully life isn't always that way, but this hobby of ours seems to be more like that, every day. It's enough to make you want to just sit down and sh.. Mad

Bottomline is still that everyone is free to buy what makes 'em happy, but don't get unhappy when sale time rolls around. Smile

I bought an etched SA a long time ago (against my better judgment and in pursuit of the "G" word, Greed I suspect) only to decide after much research, handling, and fondling that the piece wasn't suitable for a paper weight. Nice fittings that were also embellished, grip, scabbard, ALL except that etched (w/inscription) blade. IT was non-returnable, unlike this case. I paid over 2 Gs for that lesson, but I couldn't sell the thing and maintain a clear conscience so I..... Eek

Gave it away to a friend to serve as a lesson to him of what NOT to buy. Smile

Dave

I desperately need a Wound Badge. That may be the only consolation some of us get when they buy such items?

Give me an early Army or Plain Jane Army, anytime, Thank you. Smile

" Always interested in Aluminum fitted, rare, and superbly conditioned Army daggers." DJ Roach